Monday, January 3, 2011

Super Woman Pom/Cran Juice & Bald Eagles in AK

Deliciously Detoxifying!
I'll start off with this awesome recipe for anytime juice. It can be a bit tart. You can always add another apple. I personally like beets and apples alone. I tried it with this and it took away the fabulous flavors of the pomegranate and cranberries. I like tart juice and this is actually pretty sweet, but you can always add another half an apple. Enjoy you Super Woman detox power! Whoo!
1 pomegranate, seeded
    1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
    1 apple (red/gala/pink lady-any sweet variety-not grannies; optional)
    1 beet (optional)

Directions:
1. In a juicer, process pomegranate seeds, then cranberries, then apple, then beet. (The order doesn't really matter, but if you use a beet, add it last to push any pulp through.)
Makes: 1 serving, Preparation time: 5 to 10 minutes

Bald Eagle/Beartrack Mts

Onto running yesterday. It was fairly clear out. I could actually see the mountains. My dog and I have spooked a G. Blue Heron a few days in a row while running past a creek.. and I still haven't managed to get my camera out in time! However, I was able to catch a snapshot of this bald eagle when we broke through the treeline towards the beach.

My legs were pretty fatigued yesterday. I think the weekend and lack of sleep caught up with me. It's easy to not go running today. But I know I'll be so glad I did!  I never wish I hadn't.
Moose on the Trail
Here is a moose track. I'm a size 10 shoe!

6 comments:

  1. what if you don't have a juicer? could you use a food processor or a blender? that looks delicious...beets sound gross but I've never had one hahah what do they taste like? sorry for my ignorance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog too! Just checking it all out - Alaska must be amazing! I have a couple blogs that I have been neglecting since I reached the limit of photos (oh well). Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beets are sweet and earthy tasting. The best way to intro yourself I think would be boiled or roasted beets with balsamic vinegar. Or a shredded beet salad. They taste amazing juiced with grapefruit and apple!

    Nancy, I didn't realize you have a limit on photos! Whoa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your surrounded by beauty Jo! I love how you come across bald eagles and moose tracks during your run! And look at those MOUNTAINS. Puts my neighborhood streets to shame. *Sigh*

    I havent yet tried the superwoman drink, but I will do so soon.

    Your new reader,
    Amanda (WatchMomRun)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...